Happy St. Patty's Day everyone! I apologize for my sporadic posts. I've been really busy with family and work-related stuff so I'm hoping I can get back to my regular blogging routine very soon. In the meantime, perhaps you'll enjoy learning some very trivial tidbits about me a' la memes as both Ivy and Zen have tag-teamed me.
Since I am now officially IT...
I'll start with Ivy's alphabet meme in which I tell you 26 random facts about myself that...if you haven't already guessed...correspond with each letter. Since this a lot more difficult than it seems, I thought I'd narrow the field by sharing some of my favourite movies instead:
A- Adaptation, Apocalypse Now
C- Clerks, Chasing Amy, and Canadian Bacon
D- Dogma (Can you tell I'm a big Kevin Smith fan?)
E- Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, Empire Strikes Back
F- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Fight Club
H- High Fidelity
I- I ♥ Huckabees, It's a Wonderful Life
J- Jackie Brown, Jacob's Ladder
K- Kill Bill
L- Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
N- National Lampoon's Animal House
O- Office Space
P- Pulp Fiction
Q- "Queen Bitch" --Yes, as in the Bowie song because I can't think of any movies...
R- The Royal Tenenbaums, Rushmore, Return of the Jedi
S- Swingers, Say Anything
T- Thelma and Louise
U- Usual Suspects
V- Van Wilder
W- Wizard of Oz, Wayne's World
X- American History X (I know, this doesn't start with an X but close enough...)
Y- The Yards
Now moving on to Zen's 5 things meme, I have to match each category with my corresponding post:
1. Family: I think "Ode to El Familia" is an obvious choice.
2. Friends: I try not to trash-talk my friends too much behind their backs so they are often spared from my blog. However, I did make an exception for "What Happens in Mexico, Stays in Mexico...until now" since it was definitely a story worth telling!
3. Myself: Seriously? Like Zen, I'm a vapid narcissist (kidding) so my blog often revolves around ME. But if I had to choose a fave, I suppose it would be "Oh! Yeah! I wanna riot!--Slam Dancing to Pinoy Punk Rock."
4. My Love: Much to his dismay, I usually steer clear of blogging about Mr. Bamboo so this is a work in progress...
5. Anything you like: Well, in that case here are some of my faves--"The Quest for Cool", "The View from Baghdad", and "Tenenbaum Truths".